Stream Alteration / Restoration
Moving a wet weather conveyance or repairing headcutting of a stream on your property? EnSafe has the experience to assist you with design and permitting. Restoration activities vary from the simple removal of a disturbance (e.g. repairing a damaged culvert), to stabilization of stream banks, to restoring a meander in a previously channelized stream.
Modifications to a stream channel may be appropriate to address degradation. Channel modifications can yield improved habitat for wildlife and plants in a stream corridor, but can result in flooding, excessive erosion or other damage if not carefully planned. EnSafe's Stream Restoration Group — biologists, hydrogeologists, hydrologists, geologists (PG), chemical, civil and environmental engineers (PE, CPESC), geomorphologists (Rosgen), risk assessors, and plant ecologists — is perfectly suited for assisting clients in achieving their site goals. EnSafe's multi-disciplined expertise provides the ability to succeed in variable situations concerning stream restoration and related services.
Stream Alteration/Restoration Solutions
- Environmentally sensitive channel capacity enhancement
- Channel bottom grade stabilization
- Fluvial geomorphology studies
- Channel restoration design studies
- RiverMorph modeling
- Storm Water Master Plans
- Flood water surface profile modeling
- Floodway / floodplain determination
- Basin studies and computer basin modeling
- Storm water detention pond design
- Lake and dam design
- Wetland services